Anyone who wants to learn web development knows that there are a lot of different technologies out there.
So why learn Django? Let’s dive in:
Table of Contents
Learning Django Online: A Student’s Guide
Why learn Django
Django is a high-level Python web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design.
Django is maintained by the Django Software Foundation (DSF), an independent organization established as a 501(c)(3) non-profit.
Built by experienced developers, it takes care of much of the hassle of web development, so you can focus on writing your app without needing to reinvent the wheel.
Python is used throughout, even for settings files and data models.
Django is a great choice for modern web development because it:
- Is easy to use and learn – Comes with a lot of built-in features – Is scalable and can handle high traffic
- Follows the DRY principle (Don’t Repeat Yourself)
- Is secured against common web attacks
If you are new to web development, Django is a good framework to start with because it makes the development process easier and faster.
Even if you are an experienced web developer, Django can be a good choice for your next project because of its scalability and features.
What Django can do
Django is also a very flexible framework that can be easily customized to meet the specific needs of a project.
Django learning resources:
- Django Official Documentation – The documentation covers all the aspects of Django from installation to deployment. If you are new to Django, it is the recommended starting point.
- Django Girls Tutorial – The Django Girls Tutorial is a great resource if you are new to both Python and Django. It walks you through the creation of a complete web application from scratch.
- Real Python – Real Python is one of the most comprehensive Django tutorials. It covers all the basics of Django, from installation to building your first app.
- Test-Driven Django – This tutorial takes a test-first approach to developing a Django app. If you are already familiar with unit testing and want to learn how to apply it to Django, this is the tutorial for you.
- Django for Everybody Specialization – Coursera
- Django Course: Learn Django Online – CodingNomads
- Talk Python: Getting started with Django course
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Django easy to learn?
Django is easy to learn because it is based on Python–a very clean and easy to read language. Additionally, the Django community is very friendly and welcoming to beginners.
What are the Prerequisites for learning Django?
How many days it will take to learn Django?
Someone new to Django can start with the tutorial on the official website, which covers the basics of the framework and can be completed in about a day. After that, it is up to the individual to explore Django further and learn as they go, which could take days, weeks, or even months.
What is Django used for?
Django is a web application framework written in Python. It is used for rapid development of web applications. Django is a battery-included framework, providing everything you need to build a web application.
Why Django is so popular?
There are many reasons why Django is so popular. It is a powerful web framework that is written in the Python programming language. It has a very comprehensive set of features, which makes it suitable for building complex web applications. Additionally, Django has a strong community of developers who contribute to the development of the framework and its many libraries.
Are Python and Django the same thing?
No. Python is a programming language. Django is a web framework written in Python.
Is Django good for your Career?
Yes, Django is a good tool for career development because it is a popular web development framework that is used by many companies. It is also easy to learn and has a large community of users who can help you with your development projects.
Should you learn Django or node js?
The simple answer is that you should learn both Django and Node.js. However, the reality is that most people will naturally gravitate towards one or the other depending on their skillset and interests. If you're more interested in back-end development, then Django is the way to go. If you're more interested in front-end development, then Node.js is probably a better choice.
Is Django full-stack?
No, Django is a web framework, not a full-stack web development framework.
Although there are many ways to learn Django online, we believe the best way is to find a comprehensive tutorial that covers all the basics and then progressing to more advanced topics.
Once you have a firm understanding of the basics, you can then explore the various Django libraries and frameworks to find the ones that suit your needs.